Palestinian medics said new Israeli bombardments on the besieged population in the Gaza Strip have left a dozen people, including two children, dead.
The medical officials said the victims lost their lives in the early hours of Sunday as the Israeli military’s aerial and ground attacks on the Gaza Strip continue relentlessly, pushing the mostly civilian death toll past 350, press tv reported.
On Saturday, the United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF) expressed “deep concern” over the death of children killed in the Israeli offensives against Gaza.
“Children should be protected from the violence, and they should not be the victims of a conflict for which they have no responsibility…. You have children who are going to be scarred for life because of what they are seeing,” UNICEF’s Catherine Weibel said.
The UN body also noted that children make up one-third of the civilian casualties inflicted by Tel Aviv’s aggression against the coastal enclave.
“From July 8th, until 4:00 am on July 19, at least 73 Palestinian children have been reported killed as a result of airstrikes and shelling by Israel aerial, naval, and ground forces,” Weibel noted.
Israeli warplanes have been carrying out incessant airstrikes against Gaza since July 8. On Thursday, thousands of Israeli soldiers launched a ground invasion into the densely-populated strip as well.
A total of 355 people have been killed by the Israeli regime so far. Over 2,600 people have been also wounded.