Rabat, Morocco (TMT)- The Moroccan monarch King Mohammed VI and the Russian president Vladimir Putin chaired yesterday the signing ceremony of several bilateral cooperation agreements in various fields, a statement from the Moroccan Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Cooperation read.
The first agreement covers extradition between the Kingdom of Morocco and the Russian Federation, while the second is an agreement on air services.
The third agreement is a cooperation agreement in the fields of environmental protection and the rational use of natural resources, while the fourth agreement covers cooperation in sea fisheries.
The fifth is an agreement on the promotion and reciprocal protection of investments, while the sixth agreement covers the mutual protection of classified information in the military and military-technical fields.
The seventh one is a declaration on the fight against international terrorism.
The Moroccan Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Cooperation said that memorandums, framework agreements and protocols were also signed during the ceremony. This includes:
– A memorandum of understanding on cooperation in the energy field.
– A memorandum of understanding on cooperation in the field of geological research and exploration of the subsoil.
– A memorandum of understanding between Morocco’s National Health Security Office of Foodstuffs (ONSSA) and Russia’s Federal Agency for Veterinary and Phytosanitary Surveillance.
– A memorandum of understanding on cooperation in the field of veterinary supervision.
– A joint action program for 2016-2018 in the field of tourism.
– A memorandum of understanding on cooperation between Morocco’s Ministry of Endowments and Islamic Affairs and Russia’s Central Religious Organization (Shura Council of Russian Muftis).
– A framework partnership agreement between the National Foundation of Museums and Moscow Kremlin’s Museums.
– A framework agreement on cooperation between the National Foundation of Museums (Morocco) and the Hermitage Museum (Russian Federation).
– A protocol for exchanging information on the movement of goods and vehicles between Morocco and the Russian Federation.
The Moroccan Times.