The National School of Trade and Management of Kenitra is organizing the second edition of the United Nations simulation “MUN: Model United Nations”.
The second edition will take place from 02 to 05 March 2017.
In four days, young diplomats will take the role of representatives of nations, ambassadors or foreign ministers to analyze the current topics and issues related to United Nations, according to the UN Protocol.
Through this simulation, participants will have the opportunity to live, up close, the experience of international negotiations by debating the addressed issues in a real meeting or council of the United Nations and make their voices heard in order to develop common resolutions papers that will be presented to the UN authorities.
The Model of the United Nations is an area of competition, exchange and meeting between the delegates and the guests through its various debate spaces and meeting breaks.
The ENCG-K International MUN will be honored by the presence of ministers, ambassadors from different countries, representatives of the UN and personalities of high caliber / important actors in the Moroccan and foreign societies.
The opening ceremony will take place on Friday 04 March under the theme « Countering Violent Extremism » in the presence of several renowned guests, with the list ministers, ambassadors and intellectuals.
This second edition will shed light on 8 themes distributed according to 4 councils:
United Nations Human Right Council – UNHRC :
- Protecting and Promoting Human Rights to Prevent Countering Violent Extremism ;
- The Death Penalty as it Relates to Individuals of Foreign Citizenship ;
United Nations Security Council – UNSC :
- Protection of Civilians in the Context of Peacekeeping Operations
- Preventing the Spread of the so- called “Islamic State
Economic and Social Council – ECOSOC :
- Promoting Sustainable Peace by Addressing the Root Causes of Conflict
- The changing political economy of globalization: Multilateral institutions and the 2030 Agenda
Sustainable Development Goals – SDG :
- Achieve gender equality and empower all women and girls
- Ensure inclusive and equitablequalityeducation and promote lifelong learning opportunities for all